Regarding your compulsory insurance 

Everyone residing on Belgian territory must register with a health insurance company to benefit from healthcare cover.

Whether as an employee, self-employed worker, pensioner or widow-er of these 2 regimes, student, disabled person or resident.

To verify your insurance cover, hospitals, pharmacies and some other healthcare providers use your electronic identity card, your child's isi+ card (if under twelve years old).

To help you in its missions, your health insurance company uses, amongst other things, personal (national register) and professional (contribution documents) data communicated by the CBSS.